• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Has anyone made recent purchases online of coral or livestock from any of the more common vendors on here and were there any issues with shipping due to the colder weather?

I want to make some purchases but am concerned with die off caused by shipping in the colder weather.

Thanks

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
^We are in the wrong location. Bergen county has the worst vendors in comparison to ANY other county in the area. Long Island/Queens/BK are lucky to have so many available high end - quality vendors that it doesn't make sense to order online.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Agreed...no good vendors around here. And when u factor in driving/tolls to find the better stores, it just doesnt make sense to leave the house.

I turned to online but the thought of corals spending a 18 degree night in a truck doesnt seem like a good investment. Wanted to see what experiences people have had during the winter months and whether I should just wait until the spring or summer.

MDreef

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
WWC, Boomcorals, Battlecorals - all great and high quality corals never had problems. Ordered fish from vividaquariums, no problems and very healthy. Liveaquaria isn?t bad in that they?ll refund you easily if anything dies but I?ve found their livestock quality and shipping to be iffy (they also use UPS which doesn?t help).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: