rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Check my alk and it was at 7.8 so I decided I manually turn on my doser for a few seconds to bring it back up to 8.5 and got distracted so around 400ml of alk got dump into the tank. Alk is now reading at 16.5 and ph spike to 9.18 but stable and dropping slowly in the past hour. PH at 9.08 now and water is not cloudy. I will try and do 30% water change by the end of the night. Moving coral to another tank is not an option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
big water change and you should be fine, like 50%? I had the same thing happen to me in my 120g but my water was cloudy for a really long time, I ran a waterchange and put in a bubbler and it cleared up and was fine the next day. pH was down from 9.1-8.6, and when i did a wc i also made sure to make the water 0.02 less salinity, lowered my salinity from 1026-1024 over the course of like 30 minutes, as I was pumping back in slowly. best of luck, this is what worked for me.

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
Tank is 90gl, did 30% water change early this morning which brought Alk down to 12.41 and PH now at 8.5. Should I do another water change tonight or just let it gradually drop over a few days?

Attachments

• IMG_8694.png
    IMG_8694.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 0

shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your alk is really high, there is a danger in raising it too fast, usually 1-2 dkh a day is the absolute max you should raise, so try doing another 30% it should bring your system down to normal.

rwells

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
233   0   0
your alk is really high, there is a danger in raising it too fast, usually 1-2 dkh a day is the absolute max you should raise, so try doing another 30% it should bring your system down to normal.
Will do another one tonight and will know the outcome in the next week or two.
Currently Alk 12.15 and ph 8.5 which is not bad for the time of the day. My PH this time is normally 8.36

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: