MonKei

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a sump/fuge below my five gal bow, and I really dont wanna have to plumb the tank in order to get water out of the show tank down to the fuge.. any ideas how to get the water out of the tank and down to the fuge, and not have it go haywire if the power goes out? I've considered using pvc and having it with a U up and over the wall with a powerhead attached to an airline to suck air to keep the siphon... any help would be fantastic!
-thayer

MonKei

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way, I moved the tank back down to school with me a few weeks ago, and the tank seems to be doing fantastic :D , unlike the move home for summer :?

brandon4291

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any good plumbing advice as all my setups have been all-in-one, here's a bump however to let one of these other gentlemen chime in!

B

hail_sniper

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i dont know if you want to see it or not, but the one i have setup in my room is right behind my tank and its a good size contaner, and i have it powered by a rio 90 [a little strong but i had it available so i used it] and then it over flows back into the tank, its pretty simple and i dont mind it there but its up to you

heres a link to the forum i posted it in

http://www.fishforums.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15456

it was only set up for about a month so bear with it, but i think its a good setup

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: