Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
In general, PAR 38 cannot be controlled, the circuit inside is not meant to do that. If you do not need to run it on the regular 110v ac, you can replace the driver with a controllable one. The controllable driver will have to be external due to the size. You can disconnect AC but still use the socket and attache the driver to the old AC wires that lead to the socket. Label the socket and the bulb so that you know they are no long AC.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I have 2 bulbs both the same with a controller like a tv remote with an on off white only blue only and wb also with a dim option. But 1 of the bulbs wont let me control it anymore. Ill take a pic tomorrow and try and post

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I assume your are not mine but nevertheless similar in structure with other companies' offerings.

I think there will be no easy solution to directly fixed it without the parts from the original company because a lot of the electronics are built into the PCB and not universal. If you are handy, you can open up the bulb from the front(there should be ~3 screws) and take a pic and post it here. If the PCB has built in electronics then you have to ask the original company. Otherwise, it may be possible to convert into controllable light using external drivers. Then the next question will be does it worth it to convert, it will be a lot of work. However, if you are handy and are a maker, I support you to convert it.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: