petecomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sandy killed my tank in October 2012, just as she did to many others. I decided to restart in January 2013, and this is the result after 20 months. Let me know what you guys think.

Details -- JBJ 28g Nano-Cube with LED lights. I use the stock lights and return pumps. I'm running a JBJ nano skimmer in the sump, and I'm using an In-Tank media basket with a sponge, purigen, and chemipure elite. I do weekly 5-gallon water changes. I keep a deep sand bed of aragonite (roughly 4 inches in the front and about 6 inches in the back) with about a half-inch of crushed coral on top because I like the look of crushed coral and don't like fine sand blowing around in the tank. I feed Ocean Nutrition Formula 2 pellets daily (I skip an occasional day) and feed Rod's or Roger's food frozen food twice a week. (I prefer Rod's food, but will buy Roger's food if Rod's food is unavailable). When I feed frozen food I use only a very small amount (a little smaller than a 1/2" x 1/2" square). I do not dose any chemicals as I find the water changes to be sufficient.

Livestock: Fish consist of a Royal Gramma, Cherub Pygmy Angle, Masked Goby, Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, and a Firefish. I also keep a blue banded coral shrimp and a blue porcelain crab. I have about a half-dozen hermits and many cerith, nerite, and nassarius snails.

Now for the pictures:

petecomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't posted here in a long time. Do pictures work better as attachments?

Attachments

• front.full.jpg
    front.full.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 233
  • left.top.jpg
    left.top.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 235
  • right.top.jpg
    right.top.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 243

petecomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some close-ups:

Attachments

• clam.jpg
    clam.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 178
  • frogspawn.jpg
    frogspawn.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 214
  • zoas.jpg
    zoas.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 177
  • rics.jpg
    rics.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 207
  • porc.crab.jpg
    porc.crab.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 201
  • tanakas.pygmy.wrasse.jpg
    tanakas.pygmy.wrasse.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 208

petecomas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I got all the gorgonians from the same guy in the Florida Keys. He's not on the vendor list so I'm not sure if it's ok to post a link to his site, but if you pm me I'll give you his web site. He collects everything himself. Lots of really beautiful sea fans and rics.

Pauli -- I grew up in Elizabeth. What part of town you from? I used to live in Elmora.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: