• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I just got me Reef Keeper 2 along with a pinpoint Ph probe .The probe has a clear cap with some white stuff in it is that some sort of calibration solution?I bought 4 and 7 to calibrate but have no idea how to do it ?Does that cap stay on or whats the story with it and that stuff in it? Thanks, Sal

charlie1225

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The clear cap with white stuff is a solution with a pH of 4 or so. You're supposed to keep the probe wet at all times, hence the reason for the cap. When you're ready to use, remove the cap and calibrate the pH probe by dipping it into the calibration solution 4 and adjusting the ReefKeeper so it says 4 then dipping it into the calibration solution of 7 and adjusting the Reefkeeper to say 7. You're supposed to do this 2 or three times. I think for saltwater, you might have to use calibration solutions of 7 and 10.

I just got me Reef Keeper 2 along with a pinpoint Ph probe .The probe has a clear cap with some white stuff in it is that some sort of calibration solution?I bought 4 and 7 to calibrate but have no idea how to do it ?Does that cap stay on or whats the story with it and that stuff in it? Thanks, Sal

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: