Necsones

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
have a question about my Phosban reactor 150, i first started off with Phosban media then i changed to Kent phosphate meadia becuase thats what my lfs had.. but im reading that Rowaphos is pretty much the best. I just dont know how much to buy, Rowaphos goes by ml as Phosban was 150g. so question is how much in ml do i buy for a Phosban 150.

Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
The RowaPhos comes with instructions in the container ..I dont run that much on my 90 and my Phosphates are always in check and I am an overfeeder...I run a Next Reef reactor and put about 100 ML in it ...Hope this helps,,

noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
well according to a article about GFO a while ago, rowaphos and phosban had the same effectiveless at the end.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2004/review.htm

zany,
how do you know it's useless? it's not the same as the old phosphate sponge they market, from pictures online it looks alot like rowaphos, black grains and comes in moist. However i can't seem to find anything in detail about it

18oreefer

+270
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Junk.I believe it's only good for 2 or 3 days.Do the Rowaphos.

I run the kent power phos and it last me up to 3 months. I have quite the well fed fish population as well including 4 medium tangs. I dont know if anyone else has had this experiance but i opened up a new container a few weeks ago and i put my finger in the container. When it came in contact with the media i got the static shock of a life time. I have never had a more jolting static shock. Anyone else experiance this?

Last edited:

Necsones

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
lol... i had the same thing happen to me, when i opened it, i went to feel it cause i didnt know it was wet and i got a shock myself. lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: