Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So saw a nice little (young looking) ugly looking(dolabela) sea hare yesterday for my massive hair algae problem, which my tangs don't like eating.
Anyway, aside from screening off my intake pumps, do I need to be concerned about koralia like pumps? which are grilled already?
Also, my pumps are all off the bottom and on the walls, so what else do I need to worry about?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I've read some posts regarding the successful use of Mexican turbo snails and lettuce nudibranchs? Well lettuce nudibranchs have conflicting posts.
I guess I'm experimenting with some invertebrate biological controls before I get more zebrasomas in the next few months, since my tangs do eat the bryopsis, just not fast enough. They were under control last year before one of tangs died.

BKreefbaby

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I bought a sea hare about 2 weeks I also had a hair algae problem I think it was bryopsis but not positive but whatever kind it was I'm telling you this guy is better than any other hair algae eater I've ever tried....tangs don't compare neither do Mexican turbo snails or hermit crabs...he never climbed the glass, at least not yet...and he's pretty firm I don't know if he can slide through the little cracks and get into a powerhead...
I heard sea hares were machines and now from my experience they definitely are!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
well, someone picked my hare to death by its 3rd day in the tank, just threw it out. My butterflies were hovering over it the first few hours, and on day 2 also, between them and the blue legged hermit crabs (yesterday), it went from a fuzzy hare to a bald one. Just saw a bristle worm in it, so that's that. Anyway, just scooped out a pound of algae and flushed it down the toilet.
I thought it may have had better defense. Oh well. I guess by the time the hermits got to it, it was already dead.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: