LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
This is my first 55 Gallon Salwater Fowlr tank. This is the best hobby I have ever had however, can be very expensive but the peace of mind is definitely worth it. My current inhabitants are:

*Orange Spotted Sand Sifting Goby
*6 Line Fairy Wrasse
*Maroon Clown Fish
*Fox Face Rabbit Fish

In about a week I am adding a small powder brown tang.

Attachments

• 100_0769.jpg
    100_0769.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_0767.jpg
    100_0767.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 100_0772.jpg
    100_0772.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 268
  • 100_0773.jpg
    100_0773.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_0775.jpg
    100_0775.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 100_0776.jpg
    100_0776.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 265

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
SimplyZBest2000

55 Gallon Tank (non drilled)
Coralife T5 Light Fixture
Hydro Kyora Power Head
Theo Heater
Eshopps Wet Dry w/ Over Flow Box
JBJ Chiller 1/10 HP
CPR Bak Pak2 Protein Skimmer
Submariner UV Sterilizer

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
upgrade skimmer and skip the powder brown, it will quickly out grow that tank and with the bio-load of fish your putting in the skimmer wont handle, personally there is 2 euroreef rs80's f\s on here cheap that i would go with, perfect fit skimmer for that tank size

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
SimplyZBest2000

upgrade skimmer and skip the powder brown, it will quickly out grow that tank and with the bio-load of fish your putting in the skimmer wont handle, personally there is 2 euroreef rs80's f\s on here cheap that i would go with, perfect fit skimmer for that tank size

I am aware that the Powder Brown will outgrow my tank eventually. I currently have (4) fish in my tank not counting the powder brown tang. (1) Foxface Rabbit, (1) Small 6 Line Wrasse, (1) Small Maroon Clown, and (1) Orange Spotted Goby. How fast does the Powder Brown grow? What fish do you recommend me adding to my tank?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
did you treat the tank with copper ? or it had copper in it before ? i am a huge wrasse's lover but you would need to make sure tank is covered, pending the size u would get on the powder brown, most are 4"+ already which is really as big as i would have one in that size. plus they are ich magnets. maroon clowns grow large and can become nasty quickly, a mystery wrasse would be a nice addition also

LowezAkar24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 94.6%
35   2   0
SimplyZBest2000

did you treat the tank with copper ? or it had copper in it before ? i am a huge wrasse's lover but you would need to make sure tank is covered, pending the size u would get on the powder brown, most are 4"+ already which is really as big as i would have one in that size. plus they are ich magnets. maroon clowns grow large and can become nasty quickly, a mystery wrasse would be a nice addition also

What happened was a friend of mine set up the tank for me a few months back and he added copper to the tank once I told him fish only, don't ask why but he did it and I did not know any better. I have a Sixline Wrasse in there already. I have been told if you add another, one will die. Is that true? My tank has (2) Glass tops. The Powder Brown is 2-2.5". When you say the clown can become nasty do you mean aggressive?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: