exoticar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 70%
7   3   0
I finally hooked up my tunze 3155. The problem i am having is after the pump shuts off, the water continues to run, even after unplugging the unit. i thought it was the tube height being lower, but i changed it and raised it. Any suggestions? please? anyone?
:frown:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
It sounds like it is continuing to siphon.
When you moved it and raised the tube - did you break the siphon?

Any possibility of posting pics of how you set it up?

exoticar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 70%
7   3   0
no, the only way to break the siphon is to pull the pump out of the water. i have the hose about a foot over the water barrel. i have a funny (not really) feeling it might be internal in the pump. but i am open for any help other then open the window and see if it flies

exoticar

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 70%
7   3   0
i suck at photos, but i will try to explain, i have a 55 gallon water barrel about waste high, i drilled holes about 3 inches from the rim for the pump wiring and the hose, from there i raised the hose about 12 inches from the top of the barrel into a 150 gallon sump (rubbermaid) i also wrote Tunze to see what they think. it just sucks after spending 200 bucks on new stuff and getting pissed off right off the bat

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear - you need to break the siphon :)

What could possibly be wrong with the pump, it's either on or off :) If it's off, no top-off water should be flowing into your tank.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
i suck at photos, but i will try to explain, i have a 55 gallon water barrel about waste high, i drilled holes about 3 inches from the rim for the pump wiring and the hose, from there i raised the hose about 12 inches from the top of the barrel into a 150 gallon sump (rubbermaid) i also wrote Tunze to see what they think. it just sucks after spending 200 bucks on new stuff and getting pissed off right off the bat

The 55 g barrel - is it on the floor?
Where is the sump in relation to the water barrel?

The hose - where it goes into the sump - did you submerge the end of the hose (coming from the ATO) in the sump? If so - don't.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: