Datkid

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
598A9F4B-43B2-473B-88AE-3441F95EF9C7.jpeg

I believe it’s a pycnogonid. And they are eating my sps.They come out at night and I can see them in the morning before the lights come on. Do you know of any animals that eat them? I have a Xmas wrasse (no help). I was thinking of a six line to see if that would work. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Timfish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they are the problem with your corals? There's lots of causes for corals to decline. Do you have other corals also? Sea spiders aren't obligate feeders so all corals should be affected. I would try using a red light with all the other lights off and use a small straw with a siphon hose and siphon them out.

Datkid

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure they are the problem with your corals? There's lots of causes for corals to decline. Do you have other corals also? Sea spiders aren't obligate feeders so all corals should be affected. I would try using a red light with all the other lights off and use a small straw with a siphon hose and siphon them out.

yep definitely they are the problem, I’ve seen them on my acros and montis. I will try and syphon more out on my water change. My softies and clam are untouched for now.

Datkid

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FAAD796D-A4E5-4F63-9AF0-4A011CB9B7B8.jpeg
Currently I am doing small water changes in the morning before the lights come to syphon out as many as I can. Also I dip some of the corals and shake off the spiders. By next week I may consider a 6 line but that’s the second to the last resort

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: