FathomLED

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 66.7%
6   3   0
Found this in my filter sock on of my test tanks. Caught one a couple months ago after it was wrapped around a Turbo Snail. Snail population has since declined to zero.
What is it and how to i get rid of them is the question as apparantly when you damage it with tweezers you get two instead of killing it. I know it is a flatworm but what kind and how to rid the systems of them is what i am after.
Also are they solely limited to eating snails or wil they affect coral as well?
If anyone has had any experience with these any help as always is appreciated.
Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 121
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I'm not sure on species or if there is different ones but my friend had a run in with a polyclad last year. She caught one after her clam was fully cleaned to the shell in a night and ended up trapping 2-3 more?

Then while I was chiseling some of her rock 5 months later we actually found another.

Set some traps!

FathomLED

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 66.7%
6   3   0
The first one i seen was actually engulfing a turbo snail. I managed to get that out. But i have found two more in the filter sock. Never put any rock from Africa in there, But needless to say they got introduced somehow. Guess it is left to traps and long nights ahead.
Thanks All.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: