shorjai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Finally got my first Reef Ready Tank with one center overflow. I needed some help from local reefer "Marine Park/Sheepshead Bay" to guide or help me with plumbing. my setup comes with Sea Reef Wet/Dry sump....

Anyone can swing by and give me a hand? Lunch/Beer will be provided =)

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Hi Shorjai,
I'm in Marine Park but crazy short on time. Gmac has everything that you could ever want to know about sumps and pluming.
http://gmacreef.com/

I wouldn't use a wetdry as a sump unless you're doing a Fish Only or FOWLR. IME wet drys tend to be nitrate factories. I'd go with a regular tank as the sump (big as you can fit in the stand but comfortably work on / in). There are a million glass places by us that will cut glass on the spot for you. Panels for a sump are usually around $5 per piece.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Competition I guess. I can literally throw a rock and hit like four places. If I drive five minutes I can stop into eight more places. Utica Avenue has a bunch of glass places by thousand island aquarium, or island aquarium. Whatever its called. I usually go to the one directly across from them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: