tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey there,

I recently had to fix something in my bathroom faucet (sand or something was clogging the outflow of the water).

I had to unscrew the hot water flex tube, kind of like this:
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=flex...nh=179&tbnw=282&start=15&ndsp=20&tx=58&ty=120

And then noticed that the washer that goes from the flex tube to the standpipe for the hot water is pretty much stripped!!!!

I have never before unscrewed this connection and so am surprised to see this. I try to screw it on but it never tightens and even if it "screws" down the lenght of the pipe, I can still just pull it off with a slight tug.

How do I fix this???

If you know these tubes, you may have noticed that the washer does not just come off/seem interchangeable.

Additionally, I do not see how I can get access into the faucet part where the flex tubes end.

Thoughts?

Sumbub

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
You're going to have to replace the whole flex tubing. The threading is probably stripped. You also would need a basin wrench to unbolt the flex tubing from the faucet.

Last edited:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Sweet, thanks for the info.

Ill have to figure out hhow to get into the faucet and google what type of wrench that is!!

Would it be a bad idea to glue it shut (like pvc fittings)?? I am assuming it is, and figure. That my thinking that I shouldn't have reason to oppen it again and that if I did super glue can be cracked is ridiculous.

But I am still putting it out there.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Oh, I see. I was able to get the undersink long washer out using anotheer type of wrench. I had to eally angle my body and the wrench but it worked.

Ill go buy the tube at home depot tomorrow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: