PHILYD1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have a 120 g mixed reef, running for about 4 months now. Have a 30g sump with a bubble magus skimmer, and refugium , i also have a 100 micron filter sock . I could not get the water crystal clear I always seem to have fine particles floating around. I just added a Ehiem canister with all fine polishing pad in it, no bio media at all just filter pads and water still has little particles floating..does anyone have a way to remove these particles and get water crystal clear

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I think we all have some debris floating around in our tanks at some point.More so if you have a tank stuffed with live rock or fish that like to redecorate the rocks and substrate .You didn't mention the over all circulation in GPH either.You may need a bigger circulation pump.Reguarding your water been crystal clear use Activated Carbon in small portions.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I have a 120 g mixed reef, running for about 4 months now. Have a 30g sump with a bubble magus skimmer, and refugium , i also have a 100 micron filter sock . I could not get the water crystal clear I always seem to have fine particles floating around. I just added a Ehiem canister with all fine polishing pad in it, no bio media at all just filter pads and water still has little particles floating..does anyone have a way to remove these particles and get water crystal clear
When i say over all circulation i mean water that's been circulated through the entire system ,sump and filter media .Btw some corals do better in less than perfect waters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: