polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
little update on the tank.

Getting ready to do annual bulb change Radium 400W MH bulbs
tank is a 4 bulb set up - but currently I am just using two in the front 1/2 over the SPS coral
and lower light coral under LED in the back half over GSP, rastas, fire/ice zoa's, and some rainbow cloves

I took these videos yesterday morning.

with MH and LED

LED only

shinylights

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jim, do you think a 3 day blackout would help? Do you have a bristle tooth tang in there?
I have had a huge breakout of this specific algae, and here is what I found to have actually helped a lot:
emerald crabs from reef cleaners specifically, for some reason the lfs and petco ones don’t do as much.
pincushion urchins
foxface rabbitfish
reef flux
manual removal and uv sterilizer will also help keep numbers down and I hear could actually eliminate them but i Never experienced that

Fudge

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little update on the tank.

Getting ready to do annual bulb change Radium 400W MH bulbs
tank is a 4 bulb set up - but currently I am just using two in the front 1/2 over the SPS coral
and lower light coral under LED in the back half over GSP, rastas, fire/ice zoa's, and some rainbow cloves

I took these videos yesterday morning.

with MH and LED

LED only
Great update! I subscribed to your channel on YouTube.
Here is my channel:

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Shinylights
- I think I have the Alge issue behind me. Yes-- lots of manual removal, bunch of crabs, sea urchin, and a brittle tooth tang. I also am being more diligent with monitoring my DI resin TDS

Delv
- they are moceanoceans. I use to have 8 of them running on my old system. They were prone to power related servo control issues. I've got these 4 figured out & there running good.
they are capable of running water through them, but I prefer to have small power head zip tied to them, which makes it easy for moving around the tank if needed.

Fudge

Last edited:

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
milka stylophora on its way to a new home yesterday....

IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Pat,
I'd love to get one of my coral into his tank. That would be quite a honor for me.

I looked at the polo reef FB page rules and they do not take rehome or donation offers.

Maybe next large one I'll get in touch with their business manager.
I have a tort that is getting branchy & starting to grow to the water line

Jim C

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Little update...

I actually got a chance to speak with Andrew at the FFM, and showed him the video of the LG tort colony and Hydnophora colonies.... They are larger than 5 gallon bucket size. He said they looked great he was interested and for me to reach out to line up a date that would be good for me to come to his house to give them to him. I plan on doing so sometime later this spring.

A lot is happening in my life right now..

Tomorrow I am going for total Knee replacement surgery of my Left Knee.
Over the last week I loaded up 3 LFS's with a bunch of coral for them to sell. My tank which is in my basement will be on auto pilot for the next few weeks while I recover.

I thought this morning would be a good time to put up a short video of what the tank currently looks like.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: