Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
As I have been mentioning for decades I feed my fish live blackworms every day and IMO is the reason all my paired fish are spawning, I have never posted on a disease forum and I don't have to quarantine. I think I have found a way to make a great food even better. I have been experimenting and discovered that the live worms can live even if covered in fish oil instead of water. I really don't see how they breathe in there but I have kept batches of them alive for seven hours so far and think they only die if they dry out as they do overnight. When I study them through my antique microscope, the oil infused worms have much darker insides which I "assume" is from the fish oil penetrating the worms exterior or being ingested by the worms. I really don't care how the oil gets into the worms but I always want fish oil to get into my fish so I have been doing this every day to a portion of the worms I feed my fish.
After I soak them for a few hours I need to rinse the worms off or the oil will form a layer in my tank and the skimmer will stop for an hour. To remove the oil I put the worms in fresh water and wait for the oil to rise. Then I pour it out and re fill it. I do that a few times and then feed my tank. Remember, this is only an experiment.
I love it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: