nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought 75 gal, but i noticed it has a center brace, so would i buy two 24in light fixtures or 1 48in. If i buy the 48 would i have a dark spot right in the middle?

cthoughts1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
402   0   0
Yeah that's definitely a consideration. But NYC, I think that generally people go with the 48" light. Probably because it's less clutter.. I think the more important question you have to decide is whether you're going to go with T5's of MH's... What do you plan on keeping in your tank?

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

I have a 75 gallon and a 48" fixture 2x250 and dont have that problem at all. The only way you are going to have that problem is if you put the halide directly above the center brace, and you dont want to do that because the heat would melt the center brace.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I bought 75 gal, but i noticed it has a center brace, so would i buy two 24in light fixtures or 1 48in. If i buy the 48 would i have a dark spot right in the middle?

There're be a slightly shaded spot but you likely won't be able to notice it since light from the unoccluded sides will shine in to cover most of it.

nycdominicanreef

one frag at a time
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
new reef

Yeah that's definitely a consideration. But NYC, I think that generally people go with the 48" light. Probably because it's less clutter.. I think the more important question you have to decide is whether you're going to go with T5's of MH's... What do you plan on keeping in your tank?

i will be keeping a mixed reef
lps,sps,shrooms

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: