• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Uprising Rage

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I'm looking for some suggestions on what fish to stock my 125 gallon reef tank with. I am really sad. I was planning on putting in a Powder Blue Tang and Flame Angel in last, but the more I read the more I am starting to believe that I shouldn't do this, so they are out!
What do you recommend for fish? They have to be coral and shrimp safe. I want something different... rare even, and beautiful. I'm looking for a show fish because all I have now are little fish.

I have 2 false clowns that host an anenome
I have 3 green chromis
a 6 line Wrasse
a dragonet mandarin
2 harlequin shrimp
and a bunch of coral.

let the suggestions begin!
Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 125 so I'll list what I have. I feel like I've been through a ton of fishes (by that I mean buying, then selling) till I found the perfect ones for me. All these fishes haven't bothered my corals and get along.

1purple tang
2 hippo tangs (most don't recommend you get 2 but they have been together since birth and are about 4 inches and 3 years old and still play nice)
1 small salfin tang
1 small naso tang (don't recommend. This is my 4th one..I keep buying them, they keep dying. I can't figure out why)
1 flame angel (doesn't bother any corals)
2 snowflake and 1 black clownfish
1 6line wrasse
2 chromis
3 anthias (beautiful peaceful fishes, planning on getting more from a guy who sells them cheap)
2 Bengalli Cardinal (I don't know why I have these)
1 mandarin
2 sand sifting Gobys
3 RBTA
1 rose tip anemone
4 shrimp
Lots of lps and few Sps corals.

I also had a
Foxface fish. Died during a water chance. I've always wanted to replace him. Very nice fish, highly recommend
Yellow tang (loved this fish, but he hated the purple tang and drew the short stick on who had to go)
Niger trigger (he was an awesome fish I had for a long time. But he would occasionally munch on my snails and you can't keep shrimp with them)
Hope this helps.
P:S. If you don't have one already, add a good UV sterilizer and you will pretty much be ok with most tangs. Good luck!

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I was going to suggest a naso tang, but after reading other maybe not: I have never kept one but they would be a nice addition. Maybe some reef safe Angels, bellus, watanabie, swallowtails

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: