drcarr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 70 gal. FOWLR, a wet dry, and an etss reef devil 3 skimmer. I have a rio 2100 and a 2500 pumps to use. Which one should i use for the skimmer and which one should i use for the return pump to the main tank from the sump???

Sidewinder

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the risk of sounding unfriendly and a "know it all", lose the Rios. Do a search on this and the other boards and I think that you'll find that your investment in biologicals is not worth risking. According to most folks that haved used them, they have a tendency to "meltdown"; the wetdry is another subject altogether...HTH, Ed

drcarr

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand how everyone feels about rios...i plan on replacing in about 8 months when i move across country! but please just answer the question...Rio 2100 & 2500----which one should be the return and which one should be the skimmer pump?

scavdog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMO, use the 2100 for the skimmer. I use a 2500 on one of my tanks for a return and it works fine.

[ August 02, 2001: Message edited by: ScavDog ]

ReefQuest

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a 2100 for the skimmer and 2500 for a return. The 2500 pushed too much water back to the main tank, so I had to put a ball valve between the outflow of the 2500 and the tank to slow the flow down.

HTH,
Chris

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: