nycfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I might be going for business trip like 2 weeks, do you know if I can pre-mixed the salt in water and leave it in the container? So that my family they can do water change for me easier.

Thx!!

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Yes you can. Place a ph, and heater(adjusted to the same temp in your tank) in it. You also have to make sure the person in charge of doing the water change takes out the correct amount of water from the tank. But I don't see why your tank can't go without a water change for 2 weeks.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I might be going for business trip like 2 weeks, do you know if I can pre-mixed the salt in water and leave it in the container? So that my family they can do water change for me easier.

Thx!!
What if you make a slightly larger water change than usual just before you leave and another one when you get back with the pre mixed salt water .
Just a thought.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I agree with the advice to do a water change before you go and then when you return. That way the family only needs to add top-off to the tank.

Btw, if you leave pre-mixed SW in a container (with a power head and heater) for 2 weeks and there is any bacteria in there at all (good chance:) - it will begin to cycle right there in the container. Best not to do it this way.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: