A

Anonymous

Kay, the tank refered to in the thread below, my 385GA one has been rebuilt, established, setup and in operation for some months now. I have put 10 volitans lionfish and a geometric moray eel- all caught below my house- over the past month. The lions are stunning, I am fortunate to live close to the harbour where I can catch live glassies to stock as food, as well as local glass shrimp that , live, make an interesting dietary variation.

Pics to come when i get some of the algae under control, and some trigger time with my camera.

A

Anonymous

As promised..... not the best pics, and only of 2 of the 10 lions, and one of the very very shy geometric eel....

Attachments

• DSC_0492.jpg
    DSC_0492.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0493.jpg
    DSC_0493.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC_0495.jpg
    DSC_0495.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 232
A

Anonymous

Very cool Andy. I've always loved the look of lion fish. 8)

A

Anonymous

Bah, I caught and introduced two pterois Antennata lions on the weekend, they are so much prettier than the P.Volitans that I originally had stocked. Now I will have to give away some of the volitans and catch more firecrackers.

Pics were taken Tom, will post when I remember to download my camera. :wink:

For anyone that is interested: I tried to get the volitans to feed on frozen food, but with little sucess. I did manage to have one take a slight interest in some fresh wahoo that I was feeding the geometric eel. (The eel is now getting mussels and prawns- the weather is foul here and fish are not available). If you intend keeping these fish, seriously consider the reality that they may never take to frozen food- especially if they are wild caught. I am lucky that I can catch glassies and glass shrimps live 5 mins from my house reliably. Despite the feeding challenge, they are awesome pets and the predator tank gets more comments than my coral tank!

A

Anonymous

As promised Thomas! :wink:

Attachments

• DSC_0213.jpg
    DSC_0213.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_0212.jpg
    DSC_0212.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC_0210.jpg
    DSC_0210.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 149
A

Anonymous

Wow, very pretty Andy. I see what you mean about it outshining the other Lions. Not that they look too shabby either...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: