Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Gotta give it up for these guys!

I purchased a few things from them through out the years. They have always been great at meeting any price that proofs can be shown.
Communication has always been great. Shipping great as well. Never had to wait more then a few days.

But this latest order of February,2007 done sent them through the roof for me.
One of the items "AQUATONGS by Coral life" wouldn't work after a week, I called them and they advised me to call the manufacturer. I did, they sent me a second set. The same thing happened to the replacement. I called and told the woman that they were sending me a different tong then the one I ordered, and that I had no confidence in them after the same thing happened to two of them. I sent them picture of the one I ordered, which is totally different. I offered to send the two broken one back to them, at which point she told me that if it happened a third time then she would let me speak with a technician. I got a third set, same thing. I contacted Coral life again, this time with no response. Sent fax, called left message, and nothing. I contacted Premium Aquatics again, Luke tried to intervene with CL to no avail. Saturday morning I sent Jason an email advising him of the situation with the wrong picture on his site, and the crappy merchandise & customer service from CL.
To my otter amazement, Jason replied immediately. Offered apology, explanation, and several options including a refund for said product.

Most grateful customer here!! Premium is the most proper name for this premium of a company.

Phyl

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PremiumAquatics has been NJRC's vendor of choice for our dry goods group buys for the last couple of years. They continue to amaze us with their ability to keep up with the rising demand of our buys. Our group buys started around $6,000 in product and they've grown to the most recent one being over $16,000. Their shipping has been flawless. And seeing 25 boxes on your doorstep is nothing short of amazing. They've earned our business for sure.

150reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks Awibrandy...

Just wanted to thank you Awibrandy for your indirect help in pointing out an exceptional group of people at premium aquatics. Thier customer service (pre-order) is #1 and god bless Michelle for her endless patience with all my questions and changes. Will be placing my order this weekend, which will include:

-(2) # 4 Hydor Koralia's
-(2) 200 watt visitherm stealth heaters
-bubblemaster 250 skimmer
-160 gallon mix of IO salt
-(3) 20lb. bags of arag-alive indo pacific black sand (its more a black\white sand mix then a black sand.
-foam pre-filter for sump
-16 oz. of purple up
- 250ml of seachem water conditioner
-1 gallon of kent marine dry carbon
-quiet one 4000 high head pump

The shipping and price match was excellent, no questions asked. Obviously this is all per-order, hoping their delivery and post support will be the same.

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
-(3) 20lb. bags of arag-alive indo pacific black sand (its more a black\white sand mix then a black sand.

I have one of these bags sitting on my floor waiting for a tank. And let me warn you: it's more white than black! I bought a bag of black Tanitian sand (which is dry) to mix it up with the Arag-Alive so that the final product is more black.

150reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have one of these bags sitting on my floor waiting for a tank. And let me warn you: it's more white than black! I bought a bag of black Tanitian sand (which is dry) to mix it up with the Arag-Alive so that the final product is more black.

I must admit that premium aquatic did mention that theres not much black in the mix and by adding the 40lbs of live sand I currently have is gonna wash out the black sand even more. Funny, I was thinking the same thing of adding a bag of the black sand, gonna have to add that in tommorrow.

Like your avitar "LA Ink", shes probably thinking,the best thing that ever happened to her was that MiamiInk fired her.Boy is MiamiInk gonna regret this one.

Dmitry

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I must admit that premium aquatic did mention that theres not much black in the mix and by adding the 40lbs of live sand I currently have is gonna wash out the black sand even more. Funny, I was thinking the same thing of adding a bag of the black sand, gonna have to add that in tommorrow.

Like your avitar "LA Ink", shes probably thinking,the best thing that ever happened to her was that MiamiInk fired her.Boy is MiamiInk gonna regret this one.

Definitely add black Tahitian sand - as black as you want your sand to be. I wonder if there's a reason why live black sand isn't offered. (Even aquacultured.)

As far as "LA Ink" - Kat is definitely better off on her own and the boys in Miami lost a fun character. Her shop looks great, she's put together a fun crew, and the first 2 episodes we've shown to the network they loved. So stay tuned!

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Just thought I'd bump this one to the top! It's been a while since I've showen my appreciation for this wonderful group of people.

I sent a email asking about price matching on a couple of items to Jeremy. He didn't bother to email me, he called me instead because he was a concerned with 1 of the items I was asking about. They did have and would match the prices! The problem was with the color of something I was ordering that he felt a different option would be better. Of course I placed my order 2 days ago, and it arrived today.;)A+++++++++++ in my book...

dickenscd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
PM is a very good vendor. I had quality problems of some items, and they always followed up immediately or assisted me to contact manufacturers to solve the problems.

However, comparing Marine Depot, they need improvement of their website.

James

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: