• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
You probably need a dc4.. dc8 aren't designed to run to much higher wattage pulling things.. I had to get hddc4's to run my lighting.. The dc8 worked for about 6months then it crapped out on me.. I do have a hd dc4 I'm selling for $80 new in box..

regal

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You probably need a dc4.. dc8 aren't designed to run to much higher wattage pulling things.. I had to get hddc4's to run my lighting.. The dc8 worked for about 6months then it crapped out on me.. I do have a hd dc4 I'm selling for $80 new in box..

I have my 400W MH plugged in the DC8 over the years without any issues. How much current is your pc fixture rated for?

brick-brothers

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
338   0   0
i have 4 65w pc bulbs. On my main tank i have 2 250w mh and 4 65w actinc on my dc8. So i dont think its the wattage. I think its the ballast going bad. I'm going to unplug it and connect it dirrectly to the outlet tomorrow. Will keep yall posted.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Two of the sockets on the dc8 are relays. You should only plug your halides into those sockets. I think is either 1 and 5 or 4 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I use to use the 8 for my calcium reactor soleniod, 4 54watt t5 sump light, fan over the sump, and 2 400 wattt halids and that only lasted a couple months before the problems came.. I now use the hd dc4's and have no problems..

Felix110 how many watts are your ballast,, 250??
I had no problems back when I used 250 watt halids but I wanted more color in my corals..

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: