wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guy's i was thinking of changing my salt mix i'm currently using instant ocean and have been for the past two yr's, i'm thinking of using the h2ocean mix now is there any danger to my livestock or is it ok to make the changeover................

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
that's a tough call since most people on here will tell you every salt has its pro's and con's ... switching now when your tank is used to the salt may throw it off balance and could cause issue's especially if you have any inverts who are most sensitive to change ...

Never heard of h2ocean so i couldn't tell you if it is good or bad but i have been using I/O now for the first time in my nano switching from oceanic on my previous tanks and i couldn't be happier with the consistant balance my tank has ... :birthday:

Good luck .. :eek:

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey, I just posted a thread about salt, check it out its got the some info on the cal/alk/mag of many popular brands.
http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum...cientific-answer-why-my-cal-alk-out-wack.html
I found it interesting because, my calcium and alk werent in proper ratio, and I kept doing more water changes, but then found out what its content ratio's were. I would try and get one in the range your at now, to minimalize playing around with dosing and stress inhabitants less

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: