noodleman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
anybody have a profilux doser? what do you think of it in respect to ease of use, accuracy, and how often do you replace the tubing? How loud is it when running?

also anyone know where to buy one online or local?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I brought similar thing called Marine Magic off of ebay. I think it was about $200 shipped from Hong Kong, and got it in about 1 week. It's pretty easy to use, and there are even video on Youtube on how to set it up and run it. The tubes are regular silcone tubing, so they've lasted quite some time. You need to adjust it to get the desired amount but that's not hard to do. It does make a little noise when it's running but not a lot and when inside a cabinet it's not that noticeable.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have a Profilux doser, but not the standalone. It is connected to the a Profilux IIEX controller. Works really well. It's been about 14mo since I had it, calibrated it when I got it and haven't done so since. This post reminds me that I should test it this soon to make sure accuracy is still spot on. In terms of noise, you'll here the pumps turn. But not as noticeable if you're dosing small amounts (>5mL), when I'm dosing 10mL I can hear it a bit.

Check this review if you haven't already. http://www.reefs.com/blog/2011/11/11/the-ghl-stand-alone-doser-reviewed/

I bought my GHL setup from Berkels Marine in Astoria, Queens. I added a 4th pump this past Xmas for vinegar usage, and the installation process was simple. Remove placeholder (dummy) cover and snapped pump into place. Took longer to calibrate than the installation itself.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: