Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i have a newly set up 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon long sump that i am looking to add a new protein skimmer to. it will be a in sump skimmer and i am really trying to stay under 250$ can anyone reccomened or point me in the right direction? possibly a good brand that i should look for thank you

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i have a newly set up 75 gallon tank with a 20 gallon long sump that i am looking to add a new protein skimmer to. it will be a in sump skimmer and i am really trying to stay under 250$ can anyone reccomened or point me in the right direction? possibly a good brand that i should look for thank you

Under 250 would be the SWC Cone Xtreme 160, Bubble Magus Nac7 Cone or the Vertex IN-100. There are a few others worth mentioning but they're closer to the 300 range and these 3 skimmers are just as good.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
i really want that swc cone skimmer but my 20 gallon long tank is only 10 inches high and one foot across and it says it needs 7-10 inch water depth which i dont quite understand would this even fit and work in my tank? idk doesnt seem like it

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Find a good skimmer and design your sump around that..trying to pick a skimmer based on your current 20 gal sump might be limited or costly due to the reduced depth

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
well i have a marine land mp100 and it deff pulls skimmate do you think i will be ok with this. i was only upgrading because i was put under the impression that this protein skimmer wont do anything for my tank.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm setting up a 75g w/ 30g long sump and going to do mainly lps with some sps. I am going to be using a XP1000SSS its only $299 brand new w/ free shipping and should be great

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you're using a 20long as a sump I'd get the baffles removed and rearrage the sump area a little to fit a bigger skimmer. The Marineland skimmer is ok but any of the skimmers I listed above would put that skimmer to shame. The Reef Octopus Brando457 mentioned above is also a good choice but I didn't listed it because it's lowest price is over your 250 dollar budget, the skimmers listed above are just as good, look at the Vertex IN-100 it's on the smaller side as far as footprint goes and does a great job skimming.

Jarrett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
because i was just going to deal with my sump as is untill then because right now i am getting a little bit of microbubbles but from what i read their just an eye soar but wont do any damage to my tank. so i wanted to wait and when christmas comes around i will buy a new skimmer and totally re design a new sump. i dont have any sps or anything like that all soft corals

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: