thedragoneel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here’s the issue I’ve noticed with the dwarf puffers. I’ve kept them alive usually for two to three year mark and eventually all of their beaks eventually out grow their mouths and they eventually die. I have 120lbs of rock to chew on and fed clams and other hard shell food and still their beaks sealed their mouths after a long period in captivity. Super hardy and lots of different species you can buy online but keep a dentist on call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwisson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So I had the same request from my wife. I watched about 5 different videos about this. So I bought a 3in Porky pine puffer. I feed him every day Krill and other foods. Everything I saw said to get the smallest one you can find and get him use to eating what you give him and he wont go look for other things to eat. They also don't have a beak like other puffers so you don't have to worry about them eating coral. On the bright side if this goes sideways he is a slow mover.

So I had the same request from my wife. I watched about 5 different videos about this. So I bought a 3in Porky pine puffer. I feed him every day Krill and other foods. Everything I saw said to get the smallest one you can find and get him use to eating what you give him and he wont go look for other things to eat. They also don't have a beak like other puffers so you don't have to worry about them eating coral. On the bright side if this goes sideways he is a slow mover.
Wow that's interesting. That's the specific one my wife wanted. See I'd be afraid of it eating all my inverts, porcelain crabs, hermits, snails, cleaners, reef lobster. Do you have any of those and can you say they're safe?

I just picked up a Blue Spotted Fiji Puffer, he's incredibly cool looking but I'd be open to the Porky pine puffer

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Here he is
a40fe697ae299ddc50b4a6f047ae486c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

ssminnow81

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 95.7%
67   3   0
I’ve kept a thornback cowfish in a reef before. By far the coolest fish I’ve ever had in a reef.
Similar to the Longhorn cow but only get around 6 inches max size.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: