Rating - 100%
161   0   0
i am going to set up a 120 gal in my living room and have all the sump equipment in the basement right under it my question is what pump would i need for a return i would like to go with an in sump pump but im not sure if this would be good the total run i wouls estamate would be 12 feet from sump to tank at most

You would need a pretty big pump to push water up that high and a big pump produces a lot of heat so you would be better off using it outside the sump so you don't have so much heat coming off of the pump and raising the temp in your tank. You could use a mag 24 or a mag 36 depending on how much flow you want from your returns or a quiet one 9000. I personally like quiet one pumps but here's a link to a chart that can give you an idea on what pump to use: http://www.petsolutions.com/Info.aspx?id=30

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
mines is in the basement as well with about 12' head presure also. I've been using a Reeflo dart for many years with two 1" overflows which is about 1600gph and the dart works just fine w/o throttling it back. It just needs a 2" bulkhead for the feed. I did alot of homework ( checking all the flow charts, pricing, power consumption etc) before I got it...for the money, flow and power usage it was the best....I've been getting them from Tony at Reefexotics for years..he has the best price on them.

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Iwaki MD 55 825gph at 12 feet
Iwaki MD 70 1245gph at 12 feet
Iwaki MD 100 1820gph at 12 feet
These are pressure rated pumps that can be use for any application.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: