john70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
Hi guys, I am tied to turn the fan on and off by myself, are there anyway that I can buy a device from eBay or Amazon that can turn my cooling fan off and on automatically. Thanks a lot. John.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ideally you want the fan to come on when it gets hot enough that it's needed. BRS sells the reef keeper lite for $120. Comes with 4 programmable outlets and a temp probe. So one outlet for the heater so it's much safer and more precise, one for your fan, and 2 left for anything you could want. Great insurance and the best money you can put into a tank.
Check out the vid on linky...http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reefkeeper-lite-basic-digital-aquatics.html

Last edited:

john70

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
I actually saw this reef keeper lite b4,but it's way to complicated to me to understand it lol. I rather get something simple and easy setup one,even though the unit with room temperature sensor probe is fine. so Before I find the temperature controller, I think I just have to turn the fan on and off manually as b4. Thank you very much for help guys!!!

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
you actually can technically use it to control your heater and fan as it has a cooling and heating plug which i guess are controlled separately... maybe? Didnt look too much into it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: