tangale

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi,

Have a question regarding the aquapod and would like your expertise.

My current setup involves using an overflow box that drains water from main tank to sump and eventually from sump back to main tank. For those who are not familiar with overflow boxes, it's basically two boxes, one placed inside the tank and the other outside. Water is siphoned from one two the other via a U tube.

Now the question....
Does anyone think that the inside overflow box is necessary? For those familiar w/the aquapod, there's also another chamber toward the back which water is suppose to overflow into from the main (from what I can see). Would I be able to simply take the U tube and siphon water from chamber to outer box to sumpt, etc.?

Sorry for the long post, but hope someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Alex

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
If you are going to utilize the Stock pump from the AP for tank circulation. You will have to be careful because the water level drop in the rear chamber first, from evaporation.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if taking the back wall out, it defeats purpose of even having a aquapod, i had drilled a ap i had took the back wall out and had a sump for it, but after doing all that it would have been easier to do a regular tank with a sump, plus no bend in the glass

tangale

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi,

I'm not using the stock pump. Water returns from sump.

As for removing the back wall, I have not intention of doing that. I guess you can look at it as if I was using the back chamber as a giant internal overflow box.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: