NanoAquatic

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.5%
364   2   0
Hello ladies and gents,
I currently have a 40 gallon breeder so I'm considered a nano tanker here. I'm maintaining my fish tank with E.S.V two component, brightwell magnesium and strontium... I was wondering if purchasing a calcium reactor for small tanks is worth it in the long run. If it is worth it, which model would I need to look at? And I heard i need more than just the reactor for it to perform. Please, someone help me with the things I need to purchase if I do need to go with the calcium reactor route. Link to affordable pricing would much be appreciated. Thank you:knockedou

oh yea, i'm thinking about getting the E.S.V doser, would this be a better choice than getting a calcium reactor? keep refilling the doser with E.S.V two component!

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
For that size tank, I would get the doser. Its easier to fine tune the calcium reactor when its for a larger system. For a calcium reactor, you would also need the co2 bottle and regulator and then a pump to feed it unless its gravity fed.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i have a 50 breeder and the only thing i use is oceanic salt which has plenty of calcium.my cal is usually betwwen 450 and 500.i do though need to add alk to every water change.ive had my bottle of 2 part calcium for over a year.i do nee to replace alk every 6 months.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: