SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
An gonna start my tank this weekend i have regular reef sand non live do i rinse this before i put in tank.i want to use miracle mud do i rinse that too. Also do i put this in before i add tank water or after.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
U dont have to rinse it but your water will b cloudy for a few days. What u can do is put the sand in the tank put a dish on top and pour water slowely onto the dish to avoid a huge sandstorm. With the mud i never used it so i cant comment on it

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Unless you want to deal with a lot of cloudy water, better off to rinse the sand before adding it to the tank (ideally in RO water until it is runs almost clear)

Are you putting rock in the tank? If so, put the rock in first, then add the sand as the rock should sit on the bottom glass, not on top of the sandbed, then add the water.
What Tony mentioned above about directing the water onto a plate when filling the tank is excellent advice.

Regarding Miracle Mud..see post # 13. If you aren't already familiar with the posters name, you might want to Google him :)
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1854660

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: