2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I just set up a gorgeous 40 gallon acrylic breeder. however i cant get the temp to stay stable i brought a 150 watt jager heater and i set it at 75 last nite when i woke up this am the temp was 86.... im thinking the 150 watt heater is too much for a 40 gallon... any ideas? im just gonna go get a smaller heater to try after work. thanks

mr_X

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's not the size of the heater, it's the adjustment on it. you'll need to tinker with it until you find the right setting. they are not accurate.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
it's not the size of the heater, it's the adjustment on it. you'll need to tinker with it until you find the right setting. they are not accurate.

had that issue with a stealth heater in the past. guess ill try that later on thanks.

Last edited:

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
i will tinker with it b4 i trash it. if not i have a 200 watt stealth heater i can play with also. as a matter of fact ima switch em out lol.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
ebo jagers are usually pretty reliable, maybe is faulty, return it!

yea i think it is faulty now that i come to think about it. cause when i touched it i almost got burned... not to mention even when i low the t-stat the light on the heater stays on usually when it gets to temp the light would shut off wouldnt it?

ill try the stealth tonite thanks all.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Definitely get a controller..... How well made do you think the controller is in a $40 heater......crappy is being nice. Every heater WILL fail it is just a matter of time. In addition, I generally preffer 2 smaller heaters than one large one.

SevTT

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just set up a gorgeous 40 gallon acrylic breeder. however i cant get the temp to stay stable i brought a 150 watt jager heater and i set it at 75 last nite when i woke up this am the temp was 86.... im thinking the 150 watt heater is too much for a 40 gallon... any ideas? im just gonna go get a smaller heater to try after work. thanks

I've got 300w of heating in my 29 gallon and sometimes it's not enough. Depends on the environment. IN any case, the accuracy of the thermostats on most heaters is highly unreliable. It's strongly recommended that you get at least a small controller for the heater to provide back-up for when the heater thermostat acts wonky.

2slo4me

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Picked up a new heater and controller.. The jager was off by 10-12 degrees. I decided to swap it out and trash it .. lol. The temp is now stable. thanks everyone

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: