Mystery wrasse
Arc eye hawk fish
Another 2 or 3 wrasses i dont know the name of

Last edited:

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Sneaky LTA hid behind a rock and rotted away....1st to go.was the candy hog....water looked a tiny bit hazy, but the nothing crazy. The way it looks when you realize its time to clean the glass. So i did that, and still looked hazy. Than wrasses were trying to jump out of the tank....ive been through this before and started moving rock and sure enough rotting lta....no RO or salt on hand to do a water change and too late to buy nutri water at store.

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Dang. A lta can cause that much damage?
Oh yea, and start to finish took about 20-30 minutes...maybe 2 or 3 of the deceased list made it an hour after then candy hog 1st died....my situation is completely avoidable if you pay attention to your tank...i completey forgot about the lta. I do remember saying to myself last week, he wasnt looking good. I should have kept checking in.....the worse is when one detaches from rock and gets blended in the power head....instant death to all from my experience....happen once to me as well

Branespikin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
I feel your pain! I had to break down my tank last week. Some bacteria attacked my tank and started eating away at my corals. Ended up throwing a bunch of coral in the trash. Treated and transferrred survivors to friends tank. Everything doing great in his tank. Breaking down tank this weekend. Starting from scratch with new one!!
Well sorry for you loss i know the feeling.

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Thank you, sorry to hear about your tank as well. It just sucks it happen now....i was thinking of getting out a few months back and if this would have happened it would have been my excuse. I started getting back into it about a month ago and than this happens...

evolution21

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Yea, i threw every scrap of pad filter i had in there...i had a carbon, 1 for ammonia, 1 for phosphates, and a few regular ones....i got home this morning and the tank was clear as day....i did another 30 gallon change and plan to do one more in the morning....

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: