KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
What kind of puffer?

According to what I just read, the Butterfly is a peaceful fish, but supposedly isn't reef safe.
The V Tail Grouper is an aggressive fish and it's suggested they only be kept with other aggressive fish, not to mention the VTail probably shouldn't be in a 55g tank as they grow up to 1' in length.

Last edited:

saggese820

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, well i was just asking around because i read somewhere that raccoons get aggresive towards each other, and someone said they can hold their own in an aggressive tank. And Ive seen videos on you tube of them living good with a humu humu trigger. And dont worry, once any fish gets too big for my tank he will either be listed on here or sent back to a fish store. and its a little porqupine puffer, which the grouper doesnt touch.

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The butterfly will eventually make an excellent snack for the grouper. The puffer and grouper will definitely outgrow a 55 in less than a year if properly fed. V-tail groupers, depending on the exact species, can grow to be over 2' in length.

saggese820

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for everyones advice, all fish in my tank are small, including the grouper. He's only about 3 inches in length. and the porqupine puffer is even smaller. I now have three banded butterfly fish in the tank, small, medium and large, and neither the puffer or grouper have harmed them. and dont worry, i am working on setting up a 110 gallon tank soon. thanks for your concern.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: