E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Has anyone done the upgrade from a G1 or G2 to a Pro? Is it worth it to you?

If you have had both the Pro and non-Pro versions of the light, is the difference in color noticeable?

The reading I've done suggests there is in fact a noticeable difference. I've read that it's tough to actually get the upgrade through Ecotech (I'm assuming it's due to demand).

If you order the upgrade (at an end-cost of $300 by keeping your unit and having them ship a Pro version to you) are you getting a refurbished light or is the new light brand new? If you ship your light to Ecotech, do the replace all LEDs or just add the UV, Yellow, etc and update the software?

Thanks.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
I did the upgrade as well and there is a noticeable difference in intensity, a lessening of the disco ball effect, and better color rendition. The first 2 might be accomplished via the TIR lens upgrade---I can't say for sure. I sent mine in to Ecotech ( I have spare lighting options) and they returned the units in 48hrs. I believe they replace all the LEDs.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I did the upgrade as well and there is a noticeable difference in intensity, a lessening of the disco ball effect, and better color rendition. The first 2 might be accomplished via the TIR lens upgrade---I can't say for sure. I sent mine in to Ecotech ( I have spare lighting options) and they returned the units in 48hrs. I believe they replace all the LEDs.

That makes sense about the TIR Lenses.

Did you (or anyone else) change the settings to account for the increased PAR levels ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: