smallreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm using a radion G3 pro over an elos midi, but never really looked too much at the settings as has been fish only for last several months. I recently added the first corals and want to adjust the settings but having trouble understanding.

I have another tank (nuvo 20) with an AI prime over it. I run it on the following schedule below and want to mimic it with the radions on the midi as have had good success with it. On the Nuvo 20 with AI prime I keep the lights on for 14 hours but longer ramp rates with mostly blues and only 4 hours of peak @ 80% 20K. After 4 hours fo peak @ 80% 20K, I lower the whites 2% for rest of day and at 10pm whites are off. I like this as I can have the lights on for longer to enjoy the tank, with slow up and down ramps its not really generating much par so not overdoing it with the corals. I get to enjoy the blue spectrum for longer which make the corals look great, while ensuring max peak @ 20K last for several hours a day to ensure giving corals intensity / par they need.

Ai Prime / Nuvo 20: Lights go on at 9am and ramp up very slowly to 12:30 at full intensity which is 80% @ 20K. After around 4-5 hours at full intensity I start ramping down the whites @ 2% every 30 minutes until 10pm at which they are completely off and remaining blues lower intensity until completely off at 11pm.

Radion: I chose the AB+ and modified the ramp times and moved spectrum to 20K, which lowers the intensity a bit. I am confused with the brightness bar vs intensity. At full peak on 30% brightness the intensity only shows 19%. I understand this as if I were to raise the other channels to 100% that this would potentially equal 30% brightness (correct me if im wrong). If not, then if the brightness setting 30%, shoudn't the intensity be at 30% for the peak? I then chose the whites to Lower 2% ever 30 minutes starting at 6pm.

When I am running at full peak on this schedule is the radion using 30% of its potential or 19%? When people say they are running their radions at lets say 25%. Is this brightness set at 25% or intensity @ 25%?

confused..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: