Ecastillo7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need some advice on some radion xr30s I was able to pickup. I am switching over from black box leds ( ~20% whites , 90% blues). I know switching lights can shock corals. I currently have some sps frags and a couple of softies. Not sure how to use the acclimation setting on my radions. I have them on the ecotech mounting arms around 7-8 inches from the water. I plan on following the AB+ template as it seems to be pretty good. Any advice on intensity to start and how to increase intensity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Thats a problem, I have every time I pick up something from the store.
you can calculate the watts your old fixture is using and convert it directly to the new one.
lets say the old one was 200W total, so that's 90W of blue and 20W of white, just convert to the new one to get the same 110W out of it., start it at ... lets say 20% below it for 1 week, then 10% below it for another, before you get to 110W end point.

Ecastillo7

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was also thinking of supplementing this led with a t5. The way I was going to acclimate that is by only adding one bulb at a time for about 2 weeks at a time until I install all the bulbs. I used to run t5s but switched to led. I only plan to run two bulbs. What do you think?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I was also thinking of supplementing this led with a t5. The way I was going to acclimate that is by only adding one bulb at a time for about 2 weeks at a time until I install all the bulbs. I used to run t5s but switched to led. I only plan to run two bulbs. What do you think?

I have never sun burned any corals under T5s, I do not believe its possible. I can keep corals less than 6 inches from a T5 fixutre, with no issues. Some acros won't even grow if they are more than 8 inches away from T5s.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: