cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Im having an issue with my rainbow. The polyps are not extending like they once were. All my other sps are open, my superman, orange cap etc. I tested my water the phospates are 0.02 calcium 425ppm akalinty is in normal range and magnisum is about 1150(i know too low, I bought a buffer) I have done about 2 water changes in the last week. One on Thursday and another on Monday (10 gallons each-125 gallon tank). Im at a loss because everythig else is open and polyping nice. I havent checked my ph but will do so when I get home. The only other thing that I have added prior to my rainbow closing is a phosban reactor-but if that is the culprit how come everything is not closing? Any insight will be well appreciated.

Thanks

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Like humans and every living creature on this planet, different corals respond to environmental changes differently. Even two corals from the same colony grow/color up differently when placed in differing locations in the same tank. It would be nearly impossible to say why one coral is polyping while another is not.

Thread :moved:.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that sps tank in ga get's a ton of sunlight as well, wayyy more light than those 400's put out. was it in the front of the tank?

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I have 4 Rainbow colony and in different placement. Some high, medium, bottom of the tank .. All of them have good polyp extension. I dont hink lighting is your problem eventhough you got it from a 400watters.. colors might change but not polyp extension... Check water parameters .. HTH

cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My lighting is 14k Phoneix bulbs. The placement of the piece is uppermid to the upper part of my tank- I have tons of flow. I just find it weird that its only that piece is not polyping. There is a milli like about 1 foot away but I cant imagine thats stinging it. I had it for about 2 weeks and it was polyping up until now. The only change I made recent is putting a phosban reactor, but I thought those things are supposed to help not make water quality worse. Thanks for all the help!

cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
250watts hqi.

From what I can see the base isnt bleaching but I cant post a pic now cause im at work. When I get home ill get one up.

Water parameters are the same that I posted in the beginning of the thread except the magnisum went up to 1200. I tested my ph yesterday and the reading was at 8.3 at 5pm the middle of the photo period.

cnotes999

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
yeah i know ive been trying to bring it up with water changes but thats not working so i bought the seachem magnisum buffer to raise it- so hopefully by the sunday I can bring it up a little more. I use Reef Crystals for the salt.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: