NYCEnglish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Hi all,

I've never been to RAP but I'm thinking about it this year, primarily to buy some corals.

Is it worth the trip out? I know the experience in itself might be worth it but I'm also wondering if the prices make it worthwhile financially.

Thanks!

Eddie7144

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its worth going, it's a fun day. I've been 3 times. I dont think the deals are that great to be honest, but the variety and selection is great. I've been told the deals can be found on Sunday alittle before closing as alot of vendors want to sell as much inventory as possible before the even ckoses

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would say it's definitely fun to go and experience it at least once. Here are the buts. I think it depends on how you look at it. You'll see a lot of cool displays and learn about new products and services offered by many different vendors (basically equipment ads). You will be exposed to many vendors of fish and coral (basically livestock ads lol ) that you would normally never get to see due to where theyre located, as was in my case. As far as prices go, I think it depends on the coral and the vendor. It's 50/50. I got some frags last year I'd never though I'd get. And then there were other frags which I knew were terribly over priced. This one vendor was selling a forest fire digi for like $65 for a tiny Y shaped frag. So that's a hit or miss. If you're looking for deals I think your best bet is still to buy from fellow reefers here on Reefs. I've gone both days Saturday's and Sundays last year both days. On Saturday it's good to go because there's more selection especially in the morning. You will see and be able to buy everything they have to offer. Sundays on the other hand are good because if you stay till late some vendors will sell what they have left over dirt cheap just so they don't take the corals back home, same with some tank and other equipment displays.
It's a fun day to look around.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: