Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
BRS Reactor can be HOB if you reverse the bracket. Been running mine for about a month now with HC GFO and Rox 0.8 AC + Minijet 606 (dialed to lowest setting, YMMV). Awesome results. You can opt for the dual canister model if you don't want to muck around with 2 media in the single.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
if you put the media in the bag wont it serve the same purpose? or do u really need a reactor? they sell the media in bigger granules..any advice has some one tested both? media in filter bag and reactor? just askin because im running out of outlets

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
if you put the media in the bag wont it serve the same purpose? or do u really need a reactor? they sell the media in bigger granules..any advice has some one tested both? media in filter bag and reactor? just askin because im running out of outlets

'They' claim that when you use these products in a media bag rather than a reactor that all of the water isn't flowing 'through' the product but some goes around the media and therefore they are less effective.

Then again...I can't say that my reactors are grabbing all of the water in my system and running it through the media either! :splitspin

pjewett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I can't really explain it.. but I used ro/di water since day 1 and when i turned on my MH fixture.. 2 weeks later.. phosphates were high and getting green hair algae.

I got a ceiling hang kit to hang it higher above the tank then the legs and my phos. levels have dropped and algae is going down.. not sure if its just dumb luck or what.

I mention that since i have a similar size tank then yours with a 150w MH.

Also I am experimenting with a scrubber and not even use a skimmer.. building one next weekend I think.

Last checked it was at 2! Did a 50% water change, will only feed 1-2 times per week I guess (lots of pods in fuge so they'll have snacks>) and I'm going to cut my MH light period down to 6 hours from 10 in the hopes I can bring this down. I also got a bigger fuge and it's now HOB and not in the tank. I'm running the lights on it opposite the DT.

Need to test my RO/DI for phosphates too I guess. What are the very best phosphate kits out there?

Really can't decide what to do about the reactor...I have 30 Gal hex and no more room for equipment really... Kathy has seen the pics :)

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: