Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The answer to a good burger is don't get the healthy ground meat get the stuff with more fat!!!! Also to saute onions start with some butter in a pan that has a think base. The longer they cook the more sugar that cooks out and they become carmalized if cooked long enough and not they shouldn't burn with a nice thick pot or pan.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A good salad to make for summer time (I know summer is over) is arugala, watermelon, prescuito, goat cheese, tossed with a light vinegarette of your choice. Its simple but so good!!!

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Pork chops cooked slowly on simmer over bed of onions in a pot salt and pepper once cooked through remove pork chops and add gravy master and thicken up with flower to make gravy. Serve with either mashed potato or egg noodles simple easy and delicious

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have posted this before. But here you go.
Skirt Steak.
1-12 oz. bottle lite soy..(lite) or 6 0z. soy 6 0z. water
8 oz. ahi mirin. (Sweet rice cooking wine)...
4 0z. dark sesame oil
1 big peice fresh ginger (skin on, no problem)
2-3 cloves garlic.
Place all in blender & go wild

Strain mixture throug fine strainer & press on pulp to squeeze out some more juice.
Slice up 4-5 scallions
Portion skirt steak 2-4 lbs
Place steak & scallions in bowl, bag,,Whatever you prefer.
Let marinate for 2-24 hrs. (with skirt steak. More than 2 hours really does not make a difference. It picks up marinade really quickly)

Pull out of marinade and cook it on med-med hi grill 3-5 minutes on each side for med. rare.
let stand a few minutes (or it will be tough,,,, trade secret)
EAT...Enjoy!

Side note. You can strain marinade & freeze it to use one more time. NP

Serve this with rice and some sauteed spinach.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
As far as burgers go people. Less is more.
80-20 or 75-25 grind works best for burgers. 6-8 oz. pattie
Do not pack meat like a hockey puck. loose is better.
Do not mess with it after putting it on the grill. If you flip it before 2-3 minutes, you are rushing it.
Season, season, and season some more. There is really no way you could add too much salt to a burger ,, and please, please, always use kosher salt.
Table salt should not even be a Thing!!!!
Salt is as important in cooking as it is in reefing.
As for getting the right temp. (MR does not just stand for Manhattan Reefs. It is also how you should eat red meat) It is a trial an error thing. But the one constant in any land dwelling protien is Let The Meat Rest.... If you do not take this simple step you will undo any good practices you have taken in the cooking process.
Buns are important too. So dont skimp. Martins potato rolls are a good jumping off point.
Cheese sould be American Cheese. I personally co not want stringy cheese on a burger.
It would be difficult to make a bad burger if you follow these steps.
P. S.
Clean Your Grill!!!!!
Then fold up a small towel ( like a washcloth) dip it in oil then in kosher salt and wipe down your grill. hurry up and add the burgers.

This commentary has been brought to you by a fat chef!!!!

shark32

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came across this recently, it's great for a topping for a pie or coffee or anything else you want to put it on...change the pudding type and alcohol according to the season too...the possibilities are endless ( and good too:)) I made a pumpkin pie and topped it with this and was a hit...

1 large container of Cool Whip
1 box instant pumpkin spice pudding mix (seasonal item)
1 cup milk
1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
1/2 Vodka

--mix pudding, milk, Bailey's and vodka well in a large bowl
--then fold in the Cool Whip and mix well
--freeze at least 5 hours before serving (overnight is best)
Serve on whatever floats your boat:):)

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well I did not post the recipe, but I was bored this morning so I decided to bake an apple pie. I really don't use a recipe, this type of baking is not as important. But I used:

Pre-made Pie Crust (i know the easy way out, but I didn't have all the stuff to make fresh)
Different Types of Apples
Lemon Juice (to put on the apples so they don't get brown)
Egg Yolk (to brush the pie to give nice golden color, also use to seal the pie crusts together)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Corn Starch (I add it to mix, because some apples give off a lot of moisture and it helps to make it a little thicker)
Sugar (white and brown)

Well here she is. I actually was a little light on the apples, I should have added more..

2011-10-15125643.jpg

Og Drogon

Freshwater monster
Rating - 94.1%
32   2   0
Well I did not post the recipe, but I was bored this morning so I decided to bake an apple pie. I really don't use a recipe, this type of baking is not as important. But I used:

Pre-made Pie Crust (i know the easy way out, but I didn't have all the stuff to make fresh)
Different Types of Apples
Lemon Juice (to put on the apples so they don't get brown)
Egg Yolk (to brush the pie to give nice golden color, also use to seal the pie crusts together)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Corn Starch (I add it to mix, because some apples give off a lot of moisture and it helps to make it a little thicker)
Sugar (white and brown)

Well here she is. I actually was a little light on the apples, I should have added more..

2011-10-15125643.jpg

That looks yummy ;-)

Anybody here watch the show chopped????
I'm freaking hooked lol

I'm Nemo's mother!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: