• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
"There is no doubt that we would have unanimously agreed to release this great and magnificent creature to complete her life in the ocean," says Sedgwick. "Although at that size, she had probably seen the overwhelming majority of it. Would she have bred again and how many times? How many viable offspring had she given rise to in her lifetime? How many are still alive today?"

It's a shame that this story didn't end happier. Who knows how many more years this magnificent creature would have lived.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Fascinating story......but I can't believe that they really intended to release the fish after a fight that long and exhausting....I doubt that the fish would have survived. I remember my horror when my son had to release a 20 lb striper after only a 10 minute fight (we had our limit already)...the fish couldn't swim away..only floated on the top, even after many attempts at reviving. I hope some other boat came and scooped it up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: