stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Looking for some advice. I have 72 Bow front RR mixed reef tank. My parameters read fine. I'm in the process of doing a 15 gallon water change today. In the last 4-5 days I've noticed a rapid growth of algae (Reddish/Brown), all over. It's on the live rock, my SPS corals, even on some of my candy canes. I put in new Phosban and carbon last week. I have slowly increased my lighting (2x250 14K Phoenix metal halide, and 2 48" actinics 12" off the top of the tank) to 9 hours per day. All of my corals that are from the middle on down look spectacular. My bird's nest bleached out. Don't know if it's from the increased lighting, or the fact that its been covered with algae. I blow it away with a turkey baster, and it's pretty easy to get off, but it comes back quick. I need to know if this can be because of my lighting, or something more sinister. I have a Turbo Twist UV that I'm thinkink of hooking up. What do you guys think? Help!!!! My tank is starting to look killer, now this!!!!

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: