BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have just started trying this stuff in my tanks. My 265 is very underbuilt and had hair algae and my 80 is well built but was battling dinos and cyano for the past month. the past 2 weeks I may have overdosed the first dose because my water was cloudy in both tanks, but the day after my water hasn't looked so clear in ages. Dinos and cyano seem to have disappeared in this short a time!
Has anybody used this stuff long term? Seems like Vodka dosing without the vodka. PLUS i think theres some other bacteria in there.
FYI this stuff seems magical

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I have used it in the past and still do. It has and still does work great for me. Keeps levels where you want them. You just have to figure out that happy medium of dosing it after the initial dosing instructions

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have used it in the past and still do. It has and still does work great for me. Keeps levels where you want them. You just have to figure out that happy medium of dosing it after the initial dosing instructions

I took my GFO offline when I started and haven't ran Activated Carbon in a while since I noticed my SPS wasnt looking too cherry,,, are you using anything else besides skimming?

Reefcowboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Started using it and dosed exactly as instructions said. Had a bit of cyano prior to starting using it, so was a bit worried it could worsen it. Nitrates prior were also 20-25 in a full sps tank. Within 2 weeks, while testing for nitrates with Salifert many times a week, noticed nitrates went down to 0.5. Cyano vanished.
I used it with a PO4 reactor since my Po4 was already always 0. I then cut the dose to 50% and have been doing it for months now. Nitrates are less than 0.2 and i couldnt be happier. My opinion on this stuff is make sure you know how much nitrates you have prior to using Nopox, to calculate proper initial dosage, and test often. Also NEVER overdose it or your tank will pay a high price.

It does really work and my tank is doing amazing with Nitrates finaly controlled.

Last edited:

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I just bought a bunch of products by aquaforest that a friend recommended. Supposed to be all the rave in Poland and Europe. Lowers nitrates and phosphates were eventually you take gfo or bio pellet or vodka dosing or whatever you use to keep your levels low off line. Looking forward to seeing the results in time.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
I ordered the reef salt. They have 3 different salt depending on your needs, what you have as far as corals, and whatever your trying to achieve.
I also ordered bio S, pro bio-S, /np-pro, and I bought some phosohate removal and carbon
It's basically the same as the Red Sea foundations. Zeo vit, fauna marina products etc
Check out salty supply. They stock quite a bit of there products. Or go to aquaforest.eu they explain everything there.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
microbe lift actually makes the denitrifying bacteria's for alot of other companies, if you take a little time to research that company you will see a few thing's. few years back at macna in jersey i had a long convo with the guys at their booth, was given some of their products and i think it is on here i made a thread in regards to what i used and what it had done. but since you guys are asking about the red sea products i also used this kit and really liked it. http://www.redseafish.com/reef-care-program/marine-care-program/reef-mature-pro-kit/ one of the things i have noticed over the years is with a system that has been running for a long time eventually a bacteria source will become the dominate and by occasionally added different bacteria can be benificial

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
nyreefnoob don't understand microbe / I have purchased dr tims / fritz monster 460 none of these smell like death or a glue / formaldehyde stench . I threw the product out and would not use it in my system . This is my opinion on the product. Do they all smell like this or did I get a bad batch .

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: