Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a deposit on a Reefer 450, which should be in sometime in April. After looking at the assembly instructions on their web site I am not sure the build quality is what I want. The stand appears to be of the pressed board, knock down furniture variety. It uses those twist knobs and wooden dowels for assembly. My experience with that type of build has not been good. The product always looks nice but never lasts.

I like the build on the RSM 400-steel frame base etc., but the lights are a turn off-with a $200-300 a year expenditure on bulbs. Other than the lights I do like the way everything seems to work together in the system. I contacted Red Sea and was told that I might see an LED option by years end-this is same person that told me delivery to my local store would be the end of March or April. The tanks are on a ship in California waiting to be offloaded, and go through customs, and with the strike they are way behind. Then the tank would need to get from the West coast to the East coast, and then to a distributer and finally to my LFS. I hope I am wrong but I really think a mid April delivery is the soonest I will see one.

I am looking for opinions, though I realize no one here has seen there new tanks, and my thoughts are based on seeing the RSM 400 and only assembly diagrams for the new Reefer tanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: