• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our saltwater aquarium community?
    JOIN NOW

NYCTURBO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Looking for some thoughts on the new red sea reefer series been looking at them for a little while now I think their too narrow? are they worth the price? for what you get.I was looking at the 450.or second choice will be a standard 180 reef ready.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
They are nice tanks but wish they would have done the 24" width. For that reason alone I took it off my list.

My 2cents and preference.

Glenn503

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm considering the Red Sea Reefer 450 also. I'm not crazy about the width either, but I do think the 59 inch lenghth makes up for it somewhat. I guess it's a preference on what you like.

As far as looks go, it's a hard to beat in that category. It's one nice looking tank. The marine grade weaterproofed cabinet is a big plus too.

My other choice is a standard 120, but I can't find one as nice looking as the Red Sea, most of the cabinets are just OK at best. I wish I could make up my mind already!

There ia an unboxing of the Red Sea Reefer 170 done by Digital-Reefs.com if anyone is interested. I wasn't allowed to ad a link of it seeing this is my first post.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I specifically joined this board to get some opinions. I have a red sea reefer 450 on order but may cancel. If you look at their manual on-line the base looks a lot like the "knock-down" furniture you assemble yourself. I have had a few desks that I put together and they always looks great but with time start to fall apart. I am not real confident that these cabinets will hold up, especially given the fastening system and what appears to be marine grade pressed wood. It looks like it will be April before we see them in the store, but as I said I am not sure about the cabinet construction.

In lieu of this I am considering their Max S 400 even though it is $1500 more expensive and not rimless. I can deal with the lights until I can afford some LEDS. I was told that they "may" have an LED option by the end of the year.

I wil probably wait to see the actual reefer tank in April before I decide.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: