ravi197699

Thruster
Vendor
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
hello m/r i have red slime in sandbed only and i want to get rid of it. i have tried syphoning it and clean sand with syphoning when doing water change. feed is cut back to twice week with very limited food to fishes. parameters are 0.05 nitrate and .05 phosphate, carbon reactor tlf 500 and gfo reactor tlf 500 bio pallets reactor tlf 500 and large protein skimmer. i really dont want to inroduce chemical to tank what can i do to get rid of this. i want to see my sand bed white. my lights are led and color temp 20k they come on 8 am to 6 pm sunrise and sunset effects. please i need advice what should i do.

thank you
ravi

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hey dude, best bet is to remove it manually and increase flow afterwords. I had the same issue as well. I am still battling it now and I am winning by a lot :). I used a poly filter pad to help me on this one.

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
i wouldn't use redslime remover. i'd stay away from any type of chemicals to try to fix things. leave ur sand as it is. siphon as much slime as you can every WC (try doing more water changes) and increase flow. it'll take some time, but it's better than using chemicals and risking everything else in the tank.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
how long has the tank been set up and running?

more water changes with 0.00tds water and a general increase in husbandry practices, if less then a year you really just wait it out everyone has a cyano outbreak there first year.

Last edited:

Cris007

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I had RS last week on top of one of my rocks which is directly under my lights and in direct path of flow from my MP40. I got rid of it by manually removing as much with a baster and a net and lights out for 2 days. On the third day I saw my snails all over the same spot that the RS was.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: