When temperature is too high in the water,
0)turn off heater (1 socket)
1)turn off return pump (1 socket)
2)turn on air pump (1 socket)
3)turn on fans (1 socket)

When temperature is too low in the water
0)turn on heater
1)turn on return pump
2)turn off air pump ONLY if return pump is on (How to implement this besides adding relays? Is there functions in the programmer to do this?)
3)turn off fans

I assume this package from them is enough, correct?
http://www.marinedepot.com/MarineDe...ums-Digital_Aquatics-DA11311-FITEMOMI-vi.html

Any other choice that fits the need?

Thanks

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Another option is for $219 you can get a ReefAngel that will do all of that pretty easily and you'll also get 4 extra outlets, 2 float switch kits with 2 IO ports to monitor, 2 extra temperature ports (3 total) and two ports for PWM dimming control. You would have as much flexiiblity as you can think of with some simple if / then / else code plus all the other code that is shared on their forum.

Heater on Port1
Fan on Port 2
Air Pump on Port 3
Return Pump on Port 4

Here's some sample of the type of code you'd need...

ReefAngel.StandardHeater(Port1,LowTemp,HighTemp);
ReefAngel.StandardFan(Port2,LowTemp,HighTemp);
ReefAngel.Relay.Set(Port3,!ReefAngel.Relay.Status(Port1));
ReefAngel.Relay.Set(Port4,!ReefAngel.Relay.Status(Port2));

There's also some other built-in code to specifically handle overheating so there may be better ways to achieve what you're looking for. Just trying to show you the logic a bit in how you'd achieve what you need...

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Thanks for the info.
Very helpful indeed!

I assume you already own one , how you like it over other controller in the market?

I can feel it is starting to hook me. I like the dimming modules and the ability to run 8 modules at the same time so that I can run 50 channels of lights!

Another option is for $219 you can get a ReefAngel that will do all of that pretty easily and you'll also get 4 extra outlets, 2 float switch kits with 2 IO ports to monitor, 2 extra temperature ports (3 total) and two ports for PWM dimming control. You would have as much flexiiblity as you can think of with some simple if / then / else code plus all the other code that is shared on their forum.

Heater on Port1
Fan on Port 2
Air Pump on Port 3
Return Pump on Port 4

Here's some sample of the type of code you'd need...

ReefAngel.StandardHeater(Port1,LowTemp,HighTemp);
ReefAngel.StandardFan(Port2,LowTemp,HighTemp);
ReefAngel.Relay.Set(Port3,!ReefAngel.Relay.Status(Port1));
ReefAngel.Relay.Set(Port4,!ReefAngel.Relay.Status(Port2));

There's also some other built-in code to specifically handle overheating so there may be better ways to achieve what you're looking for. Just trying to show you the logic a bit in how you'd achieve what you need...

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
WINGO i would NOT trust the reefkeeper to control your heater. i know of 3 people who crashed there system because of doing it that way using the reefkeeperf and my reefkeeper temperature probe jumps all over the place since day 1.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
WINGO i would NOT trust the reefkeeper to control your heater. i know of 3 people who crashed there system because of doing it that way using the reefkeeperf and my reefkeeper temperature probe jumps all over the place since day 1.

Thanks.
what you mean by the probe jumps all over the place? do you mean the probe physically come off the tank?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Duke,
Thanks for the headsup.

I will set the heater's own thermostat slightly lower than the number in the control then and use the controller's temperature probe as a master shut off/on

I most likely go with the Reef Angel because it's based on the same hardware for the controller I am making and I think I can use some of their modules without reinventing the wheels.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Thanks for the info.
Very helpful indeed!

I assume you already own one , how you like it over other controller in the market?

I can feel it is starting to hook me. I like the dimming modules and the ability to run 8 modules at the same time so that I can run 50 channels of lights!

I'm a newbie at aquariums, but a long time Linux user and a UNIX admin so familiar with open source and some programming. I also did a lot of stuff in the past with home automation and these controllers are so fleixble. I just bought my controller 2 weeks ago. I got it in like 2 or 3 days, and had everything I've done setup and working within a week doing all the things I wrote about in this post. http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/reefs-beginners/130851-tank-controler-help.html#post1206782

Ive already contributed some code and am trying to help get better documentation for the API and source code, but it's so readable and everything is accessible. Glad to hear your considering that route, I think you'll enjoy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: